• Amtrak service to Fostoria terminated

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by WNYRailfan

matt - thanks for the link.

That gives it even more of a reason to be made into a rail museum. What a better place to honor the railroad heritage than in the tower that first had CTC in the USA.

Does anyone know where the original CTC controls from 1927 are now? In a museum? Still in the tower?

by matt

There in a museum, NYC probably, wherever that is.

by nycrick

It's in the Smithsonian in Washington D.C., the National Transportation Gallery. Unless they lent it out to someone else. :P

by matt

Shucks, I've been there 3 times and never knew it was there.

by WNYRailfan

At the Toledo Model Rail show I spoke to Bob Lorenz about the T&OC tower in Fostoria. He said that the plans are for the City of Fostoria to purchase the tower from CSX. After purchasing the tower, the City of Fostoria will restore it and make it into a museum.

I hope that the tower can be made into a museum (like I had mentioned earlier in this post). Anyone with more information, please either post it here or contact me offline.