• Amtrak Pre-Employment Skills Test (Assistant Conductor)

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by LIRailfan79

does anyone here know how Amtrak scores the skills test that it gives at the hiring orientation?
more specifically, for part I (the Math section: 30 questions, 10 min).
is there a specific number that you have to answer correct? and if so what is it. or is it based on the number of questions you answer correctly out of how many you complete - similiar to the SAT's)
Last edited by LIRailfan79 on Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by chrisjz

It's probably just like the one I took with NS when I hired out. The test is not so much based on how many questions you answer but rather how many you answer correctly. They gave us the following example: if you answer 10 questions and get 8 correct then your score is 80%. The math test NS gave had 80 questions on it.

There is most likely going to be a personality inventory test you will need to take as well. It's one of those tests with the same question asked 10 different ways to see if your answers are consistant and you are not a serial killer. Neither one is really a big deal.

Chrisjz