• #4601 SD80MAC spotted

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by mu26aeh

#4601 was spotted on the Hanover Sub in Gettysburg, PA today with SD40-2 #8066, 2 CR side dump cars of ballast, and a SBD flat car with an excavator. I will post photos later tonight, I took with my cell phone. This was the first time I've seen such a large locomotive on this division. Most of time its SD40-2, SD50/60's.
  by ckwwestshore

4599 was on Q114 yesterday into Boston.
  by ckwwestshore

I think it came back on Q115. Anyway, these and the AC60s are in the regular power pool now.
  by AMK0123

CSX 4601(SD80MAC) was the third engine on S-438. Saw it today around 1300 hours going northbound through Newburgh, N.Y. Was behind CSX 4787 (SD70MAC) and CSX 5238 (ES40DC).
  by atsf sp

ckwwestshore wrote:Anyway, these and the AC60s are in the regular power pool now.
Finally they are back on the road. it was getting boring just seeing ES44s and C40s around Boston.
  by roadster

As 5am today 3/7/10 4601 was in the engine service area at Selkirk yard.
  by mu26aeh

Funny how quickly an engine can get around
  by atsf sp

Could this one be coming to Boston too?
  by sd80mac

atsf sp wrote:
ckwwestshore wrote:Anyway, these and the AC60s are in the regular power pool now.
Finally they are back on the road. it was getting boring just seeing ES44s and C40s around Boston.
I dont think all of SD80MAC's are running now. I only knew that few of them were put into service. Maybe Roadster can find out and let us know?
  by roadster

True, there is still a small fleet of loco's including AC60's still stored in the Local yard at Selkirk. About a dozen or so the best I can see. There are several other types also stored there too numerous to mention. BTW, I saw 4599 leading on Q156 this morning heading into Dewitt.