Railroad Forums 

• New Crossing Protection, CR 657, Cape May County

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#398277  by prr60

Since things have been a little slow here lately, here is at least a minor news item. New crossing protection is being installed at the CMSL (PRSL) crossing of County Route 657 just north of Cape May Court House. CR 657 is the short cut road used by shore-bound traffic coming down NJ 55 and 47 to get to Stone Harbor or the southbound Parkway at Stone Harbor Boulevard (Exit 10). It runs from South Dennis to Stone Harbor Boulevard north of the Court House.

New cross-bucks and flashing lights are up (lights covered for now) and a new controller box is located at the crossing. I suspect the work is a state or county highway job, but is does reflect at least some thought that a train or two may use that track someday.
 #398304  by blockline4180

prr60 wrote:Since things have been a little slow here lately, here is at least a minor news item. New crossing protection is being installed at the CMSL (PRSL) crossing of County Route 657 just north of Cape May Court House. CR 657 is the short cut road used by shore-bound traffic coming down NJ 55 and 47 to get to Stone Harbor or the southbound Parkway at Stone Harbor Boulevard (Exit 10). It runs from South Dennis to Stone Harbor Boulevard north of the Court House.

New cross-bucks and flashing lights are up (lights covered for now) and a new controller box is located at the crossing. I suspect the work is a state or county highway job, but is does reflect at least some thought that a train or two may use that track someday.

Yeah, that definatley is good news since that segment north of CMCH is the poorest piece track on the line...
 #398305  by blockline4180

prr60 wrote:Since things have been a little slow here lately, here is at least a minor news item. New crossing protection is being installed at the CMSL (PRSL) crossing of County Route 657 just north of Cape May Court House. CR 657 is the short cut road used by shore-bound traffic coming down NJ 55 and 47 to get to Stone Harbor or the southbound Parkway at Stone Harbor Boulevard (Exit 10). It runs from South Dennis to Stone Harbor Boulevard north of the Court House.

Yeah, that definatley is good news since that segment north of CMCH is the poorest piece track on the line...

#398344  by PRSL1972

If there are hardly any trains that go down there what is the sencse of this protection. I can see if the traffic was there but I think the trains are a rare few and very fary between.