• Arrow II for Wire Train spotted

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by blueduck577

This afternoon while riding home on the R3 West Trenton, I noticed that the wire train was in a yard as opposed to its little track at Wayne Junction. As we got closer, I looked down to where the wire train usually is an I spotted the ex-NJT Arrow II that SEPTA will soon use on the wire train. SEPTA logos have been applied, and one of the red, new-style pantographs SEPTA is putting on the Silverliners has been plopped on too. When will they start using it?

Incidentally, who has noticed a private car wayy back in liberty yard? It is silver with a brown trim. Does anyone know about this either?
  by Septaman113

An ex NJT Arrow II on a Septa wire train?I didn't hear about that.I haven't seen the other wire train lately,the one with the diesel,the wire car and ex blueliner 9125 which was converted to a push pull.Do they still have that?
  by aem7

The Arrow II car is slated to replace the 9125 in the next few weeks as a control car/tool car on the WJ wire train.

by blueduck577

What is the fate of the blueliner?
  by aem7

Probablity the scrapyard or maybe the WCRR will take it. It's in really bad shape. It will need a lot of work.

by blueduck577

Is the wire train still working on the R3? I want to get some pics of the blueliner before it goes; i only have 2 pictures, and I live by the R3, so it is all good.

by aem7

they'll be back on the r3 in september finishing up between wood and trent. nightly, they are still working between tabor and jenkin.