Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Tadman

Happy Monday guys! I was just looking at a pic of a few Baldwins moving freight along the ACL and it struck me that the line likely has no more shippers for freight traffic. I was going to ask here but it looks like Wikipedia says, save for a short stretch, ACL is freight-free. How long has this been the case? What kind of shippers (traffic) did ACL have and were there any somewhat recently or has it been since PC/NJDot days that any freight traffic was present?
  by chuchubob

Southern Railroad of NJ operates freight trains on NJ Transit's Atlantic City Line between Winslow and Pleasantville.
  by pumpers

chuchubob wrote:Southern Railroad of NJ operates freight trains on NJ Transit's Atlantic City Line between Winslow and Pleasantville.
I've read they run a stone train regularly to supply a distributor in the Pleasantville area (except in winter). What other traffic is there to/from Pleasantville? JS
  by glennk419

pumpers wrote:
chuchubob wrote:Southern Railroad of NJ operates freight trains on NJ Transit's Atlantic City Line between Winslow and Pleasantville.
I've read they run a stone train regularly to supply a distributor in the Pleasantville area (except in winter). What other traffic is there to/from Pleasantville? JS
The seasonal stone trains are about it these days. There was a C&D transload facility, also in Pleasantville, but I believe that was shut down by the township a couple years ago.
  by Jayjay1213

Are they still running to Pleasantville? If so, when do they usually go?

Thanks!