Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1128819  by DutchRailnut

the HO decals use to be made by GHB international, which made brass M-1a sets
 #1128828  by nydepot

Yes, but I've had no luck with that. I used to make decals in the 90s so making them isn't an issue. Getting the documentation to help has been.
DutchRailnut wrote:the HO decals use to be made by GHB international, which made brass M-1a sets
 #1129070  by Backshophoss

You might take a look at the decal sheets that Island modelworks puts out,believe the sheet for LIRR has the 2-tone "M"s
on that sheet
 #1129178  by nydepot

Yes, they do but they say TRANSIT underneath. And he has no interest in adding the CENTRAL.

I've also looked at Microscale and talked to several other manufacturers including IHP.

Charles
Backshophoss wrote:You might take a look at the decal sheets that Island modelworks puts out,believe the sheet for LIRR has the 2-tone "M"s
on that sheet
 #1129247  by nydepot

I can do the decals as I have experience doing that. Whether it is me doing or another place, they still need good photos to work from. I've have worked with Highball on several occasions as well as Don Manlick and Rail Graphics. They still need good photos. You then trace using Illustrator and scale as needed.

So I appreciate the additional suggestions but it still comes back to a photo of the logo.

Charles
 #1129545  by pbass

To nydepot:You want to reproduce decals,the following demensions are all in inches:lenght of top of M-10-1/8-bottom-17,height of M-13-7/8 width of each of the 4 angles-2-7/8 CENTRAL: C & L recessed from edge-2-1/4 lenght of C & E-1-3/8, N-1-1/2, T-1-1/4, R-1-5/16, A-1-5/8, L-1 height of all letters-1-1/8, width is-5/16, spacing is-3/4.This is the full size logo used on the M1's in need of nose repair or replacement,A & B ends of the ACMU's, sides of standard coaches,RDC's 11 & 19.There is a smaller version used on the sides of the ACMU's,company trucks and M/W equipment,which was about 1/5th the size of the large M.I had a small M,but that disappeared with some of my memorabilia so I can't help you there.This decal is a beauty-the M is reflective and the colors much more vivid.The previous type of decal was water solvent and not as colorful nor did it hold up well after a short time.I was given the logo 40 years ago and it still wears it well.Good luck in your endeavor.
 #1129708  by pbass

Yes.All my decals are in color coordinated frames.A gentleman doing the painting of the ACMU's at the NWP shop gave that one to me in 1973.
 #1129937  by Otto Vondrak

nydepot wrote:Either a closeup or good head-on shot.

This is the logo I'm talking about but it's too blurry. I'm working on decals. Thanks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8226029@N0 ... otostream/

Charles
Hi Charles- I can create artwork for you, please contact me off-line.

-otto-