Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1077306  by Jeff Smith

http://www.mta.info/mnr/html/yankees/yankee_madonna.htm

Apparently there's a special schedule, but I don't know if it's been printed or not. Someone grab me one if it was! I've attached the Saturday NH one.
Attachments:
(65.89 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
 #1077400  by lirr42

R36 Combine Coach wrote:LIRR (I believe) does so as well with Willets Point (Shea) event service.
You are somewhat correct. CitiField doesn't have too many events other than baseball games, but when they do, you'll sometimes see a special Port Washington Branch timetable for the events. Other times they'll just put an announcement on their website like this detailing the changes.
 #1077537  by Rbts Stn

Considering she started about 2 1/2 hours late for her last show, I hope they are prepared for very late return trips if she pulls the same trick at the stadium.
 #1077828  by truck6018

Rbts Stn wrote:Considering she started about 2 1/2 hours late for her last show, I hope they are prepared for very late return trips if she pulls the same trick at the stadium.
They will likely do what is done at any other event at the stadium. Games are impossible to predict the ending as there are the chance of extra innings and rain delays. This is why the schedule is set up the way it is for night games (and past concerts). The direct trains leaving Yankees E153 ST Station depart at the end of the event until approximately 45 minutes after the end of the event.
 #1077894  by RearOfSignal

truck6018 wrote:
Rbts Stn wrote:Considering she started about 2 1/2 hours late for her last show, I hope they are prepared for very late return trips if she pulls the same trick at the stadium.
They will likely do what is done at any other event at the stadium. Games are impossible to predict the ending as there are the chance of extra innings and rain delays. This is why the schedule is set up the way it is for night games (and past concerts). The direct trains leaving Yankees E153 ST Station depart at the end of the event until approximately 45 minutes after the end of the event.
The problem is staging all those trains before the event ends. At least with baseball games the trainmasters monitor the progress of the game and can plan to have all the trains in the right place right as the game ends. With the concerts no one really knows when it ends until it ends, and a mob of people come out of the stadium. The 5 mins it takes for the crowds to walk from the stadium to the station is not enough to get all the trains in place. Usually for a baseball game trains will start to get in place around the 7th inning. The trains are then held at various places along the road; just south of CP 8, south of CP 5, CP 4, CP 3. The trains then roll in slowly to Yankees 153. So it's an entire process to get everything in place and to keep the regular trains on time as well. That process is impeded during events like concerts, because we can't predict when it will end, and when it does the crowds just pour out. The people leave the baseball games more gradually than they do the concerts.
 #1078044  by truck6018

RearOfSignal wrote:
That process is impeded during events like concerts, because we can't predict when it will end, and when it does the crowds just pour out. The people leave the baseball games more gradually than they do the concerts.

Valid point. I was working @ the station during the McCartney concert last year and the trains (and passengers) were in and out with in an hour after the show ended.