• Southcoast Rail

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by ExCon90

Certainly, but not necessarily at the same station. Walkable stations aren't usually compatible with large parking lots, which tend to be fiercely contested by the people living in the walkable area.
  by newpylong

Not at the same location.

The Lowell Line is limited in that it doesn't pass close to Woburn center. However it obviously hits Winchester, Wilmington, etc where it can.

I think there are likely better examples of poor planning (besides this station) is what I am getting at.
  by wicked

It’s mostly an industrial area near Anderson, but there’s also some retail and such to the west. A bus loop on the west side would provide easier access to some businesses in the area and a drop-off spot for others on that side of the tracks. That’s all.
  by CSRR573

newpylong wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:55 pm Not at the same location.

The Lowell Line is limited in that it doesn't pass close to Woburn center. However it obviously hits Winchester, Wilmington, etc where it can.

I think there are likely better examples of poor planning (besides this station) is what I am getting at.
Cough.....Plymouth.......Cough
  by CRail

The point of Anderson was to find a suitable use for land that could not be developed due to its contamination. The very name of the site is evidence of this. Find and watch the move "A Civil Action" starring John Travolta to learn that the station is named after the late 13 year old James Anderson, whose mother was a key plaintiff against the companies which contaminated the land.

Re:

by Ken W2KB

CSX Conductor wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:32 am I heard we were officially giving the Fall River Secondary & New Bedford Secondary to the MBTA as of July, but here we are on the final day of August and no official word yet. :(https://www.mass.gov/info-details/about ... contracts-
  by Ken W2KB

braves wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:20 am Has anyone heard of any news in regards to the New Bedford/Fall River Commuter rail project.
The project, which will connect Fall River, New Bedford and Taunton with Boston by MBTA commuter rail, is still on track for a summer 2024 opening. https://www.heraldnews.com/story/news/2 ... 444794007/
  by GP40MC1118

Looking more like 2025. East Taunton Station is far from finished and apparently there's a fair amount of signal issues.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

its looking that way as well 1118. We have heard nothing for test trains or crew quals. MC has a bulletin out regarding signal testing starting soon and for crews to disregard signal aspects displayed in the field due to tests...MC/CSX still using Form Ds to operate

....as to the news article, that's from February Ken. outdated big time