• Northern Maine Jct. Station

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

by CPF66

It appears as of 5/10/2024 that the former BAR station at Northern Maine Jct will be coming down in the next week. A contractor has an excavator on site as well as temporary fencing. CMQ did some work to the building such as adding a new roof and covering up the windows and doors to prevent further vandalism. However CPKC found some structural issues with the brick along the roofline and deemed the building surplus.

They gutted the building last spring and had equipment on site once before, however from what I heard a few individuals were in talks with the railroad about saving the building. But I would say at this point, those talks must have fallen through. Its unfortunate that the only brick station left on the southern division and one of only 3 stations (the only not currently preserved) left on the southern division, will be torn down.
  by jamoldover

Was that station shared with the MEC, or was it BAR only?
  by CPF66

That I am not sure of, I think it might have been. I know in later years Guilford and MMA used it as a crew office.