• Results of customer praise of Amtrak employees?

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by SouthernRailway

Out of curiosity, what happens when an Amtrak passenger gives praise (or criticism) of Amtrak employees, after a trip, through Amtrak.com?

I had a very positive experience on the Crescent and submitted praise of several employees, identifying them by train number/date, which car they were in and which job they performed. I quickly got a response saying, "this will be shared with the relevant managers."

Do the employees just get a "good job!" from their manager, or is there something else? American Airlines seems to enter employees who get customer praise (through certificates that frequent flyers can give out) into a drawing for cash prizes or something.

Thanks.
  by 8th Notch

Usually the letter is shared with the employee and posted on the wall of fame, this may differ between crew base. Nothing formal is in place system wide to my knowledge.
  by GirlOnTheTrain

Good to know.

I had sent a note to Amtrak about the business class car attendant on the Carolinian back when I did NYP-SAL (then SAL-CLT by bus) back in May. She got on at Raleigh and finished out the trip, I believe she technically worked for NCDOT but I enjoyed her local commentary and sense of humor. Hopefully my note still got to her :)

Passenger: "Do you have Coke?"
Attendant: "No we don't have Coke, it's against our religion and morals to serve Coke products here. I have Pepsi." (Passenger nods) "I don't have to force it on you? EXCELLENT!"