• Late 1980s train set

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by TerryC

I have a HO scale train set from the late 1980s and I can't identify the locomotive. The train set is an army one and the locomotive is some type of Olive Drab low nosed ALCo Century Series. The numbers on the side below U.S. ARMY reads 89001 abd there is a large star on the fuel tank. Also the axle closest to the fuel tank is unpowered and the unit is made in Yugoslavia. Does this unit have any collector value? I think the unit is a C628.

keep asking keep learning
MERRY CHRISTMAS

by NYC-BKO

It was made by AHM or IHC can't remember when AHM quit, as far as collectibles I don't think in the trainworld but maybe in the militaryworld. It is a C628.

by TerryC

Now come to think of it, it is a C628. There is no bulge behind the cab like there is on the C630 and C636.

keep asking keep learning
HAPPY BOXING DAY