Railroad Forums 

• Anyone here work for Amtrak?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1494995  by TotalLamer

CSX Conductor here. Just shy of 7 years in. Looking to make a move to the passenger side of things as the "Precision" atmosphere is just exhausting and oppressive. I applied for a few T&E positions last night and already got the email to take some online tests... I assume one of them is the personality test. I did apply before, a year or two back when they were hiring a bunch in Portland, ME... took the tests then too, presume I flunked the personality bit? What are they looking for in those?

Also, anyone work in / familiar with the crewbases in Rennselaer, Pittsburgh or Savannah? Seniority situation (are they actually in need of people / will new hires actually work on marking up, or straight to furlough?), what their territory is, that kind of thing?
 #1496430  by AmtrakLocomotiveEngineer

You'll never have to worry about furloughs as a trainman. A benefit to coming over as an Asst Conductor is you can go anywhere without needing to be qualified on physical characteristics, as long as you have the proper book of rules. Also, there are more ac positions in general.