Railroad Forums 

• Power Lineman In Waiting

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1148895  by bigly63

The waiting is agonizing... I've been going at this since April of 2012. Applied, tested, interviewed, PAT and medical all successfully passed. I'm just waiting on a start date. I've been told no date is available, that they are waiting on authorization to hire. If someone transfers and a position opens or if a special project begins - I'm golden. I'm trying to stay on top of things by inquiring with recruiter (bordering on stalking - wink..wink). Anyone in the department, or otherwise, have any info as to the status of the current project? Hard to get any updates before March 2012 online. What should I expect? And please don't say "patience" or I will scream! Thanks...
 #1164774  by notchboiz1

What company is this post concerning? I'm curious because I just applied for a lineman apprentice position with LIRR in Queens, Ny.
 #1164860  by bigly63

With the MTA. I was offered (to apply) for another position just the other day - Gang Lineman. Anyone have any feedback on this position? Same rate of pay, but my understanding is they are the laborers of the MTA. Now my dilemma is do I go for the Lineman's position or continue to wait on the Catenary position ? I just wish I knew WHEN the will begin hiring for the Catenary department.
 #1221506  by bigly63

Got a call this week. Projected start is late November or early December. I was told I need to complete another background investigation and physical exam.
 #1221510  by matawanaberdeen

bigly63 wrote:Got a call this week. Projected start is late November or early December. I was told I need to complete another background investigation and physical exam.
Awesome, good luck on your new career, and stay safe!