• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

Train stopped at 4th street due to a minivan parked on the tracks

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

by Bracdude181

They have 7 for Woodhaven and will come back with 4 empties.

I'm being told some absolute lowlife scumbag spray painted gang signs on 752s long hood. Over the Black River logo on the conductors side.

by Bracdude181

West through Farmingdale 2 PM

Engines are running elephant style

by Bracdude181

752 got dropped in Freehold. A friend gave me a picture of what was sprayed on it. Not cool! ImageImageImageImage

by R36 Combine Coach

The red paint seems to date back to when 752 arrived at Black River in 1993.
  by Bracdude181

How are they gonna go about fixing the paint? Still kinda ticked about it tbh.

In other news, Miller Roads new power pole and meter boxes got installed on Friday. Not sure if they hooked it in yet.Image

by AceMacSD

Bracdude181 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:13 pm How are they gonna go about fixing the paint? Still kinda ticked about it tbh.
Simple. We'll clean it as much as possible and paint over it. Isn't the first time something like this happened.
  by Bracdude181

They had 8 for Woodhaven with 1888 solo. Making their way north through Lakewood at 11:33 am

by Bracdude181

Was sent this by a friend.

A Operation Lifesaver Train will be operating on the Delaware & Raritan River Railroad between Jamesburg and Farmingdale on Saturday, June 15th. and from Farmingdale to Jamesburg on Sunday, June 16th.
Operation Lifesaver is a non profit organization that provides free public education and awareness programs in States across the U.S. to prevent collisions, injuries and fatalities on and around railroad tracks and highway-rail grade crossings.
Saturday June 15th.
Jamesburg. 8-10am
Tennent. 10:30am-12pm
Freehold. 12:30-2pm
Farmingdale. 2:30-4pm

Sunday, June 16th.
Farmingdale. 9-11am
Freehold. 11:30am-1pm
Tennent. 1:30-3pm
Jamesburg. 3:30-5pm

On display will be a locomotive and caboose and the public is encouraged to stop by and learn more about the O/L program.
John Sobotka, C&D, Safety/Service Consultant.

by Wolfgang5150

Train came into Farmingdale today around 11. Only heard the horns but I’d imagine they headed toward Brick Recycling. Never heard it come back