• Providence & Worcester colors

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

by p&w3901

If you've waited this long, be patient at wait just a bit longer. My local dealer told me that Tru-Color paint is slated to release both P&W orange and brown this fall.
  by PAR381

There is a Modeling the P&W yahoo group and on there the same subject has come up.

Badger Sconey Red for the Orange
Badger 1part Engine Black 2 parts Illinois Central Brown for the Brown

Rich B
  by daylight4449

Otto Vondrak wrote:
trainguy2024 wrote:I am painting a GP9 into P&W colors. I want to use floquil. Any suggestions on color choice? Thanks
I didnt know they had GP9's. What engine are you trying to model? Have a picture?
I think they had a few, at least three. One (i think) went to the Grafton and Upton. One of the P&W geeps survived until the 1990s, and they used it on some of the excursions. Not sure on what kind of freight work it saw during that time frame.
  by 161pw165

They had 3 GP-9's - 1701 (sold to Quabog Transfer in 1984); 1702 (sold to Bay Colony in 1996); & 1802 (sold to Housatonic around 2000). The 1702 spent a good bit of time in RI during the early 80's, but they could pretty much be seen anywhere on the system. Courtesy of http://www.pwrfc.net/roster.html.
  by mdltrn

I'm not sure if there is an exact match for model paint, but the actual colors are UPS Brown and NASA Orange.
  by MEC407

The brown used by UPS is actually "Pullman Brown" and, to my eyes at least, seems to be a bit lighter than the brown used by P&W.
  by Brendan

The 1802 was Connecticut central's #53. Does Housatonic still have it? or did it move on from there? any one know?
  by Dick H

Read this thread for details on the 1802

viewtopic.php?f=126&t=59443&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then read the details on each of the photos on this page. Last photo in 2009 shows it in Ohio.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoPi ... ?id=103493" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where it is now is anybody's guess. Might have gone to the scrapper...
  by b&m 1566

I always thought my eyes were playing tricks on me between brown and black. Now I know.