• (RR Cops Jobs?) RR Police Agencies in N.E. esp. Ma

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by cityarea

Ok I'm new here and have read through a few threads pertaining to this topic however I am curious, aside from the MBTA and Amtrak Police, is Guilford now Pan Am the only police agency operating for rr in and around Massachusetts /N.E. area or are there other companies still in existence that have these agencies ie: Worcester/Providence, Upton, B&M or are they no longer? Or am I under the correct assumption that Guilford has it all. I have been in the Law Enforcement field for over 5 yrs and only know of the T , Amtrak and Guilford. Are there any others, and it surprises me that there aren't more officers out there w/ the rails doing more and more these days, but I guess the rails are like towns $$$$$
Any help and info would be great.
Thanks so much

by UPRR engineer

Dont know if this topic belongs here. What are you asking for/about?

Im moving this from the Operations part to the Employment Forum there cityarea. If this isnt what you were asking about, write it again so i can understand what your getting at. If its mostly about passenger train crap, might want to post it in one of there many forums. :-D Good luck.
Last edited by UPRR engineer on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by cityarea

no I wasn't asking about jobs, I was currious what rail agencies still have /use police officers in Massachusetts and New England, and I'm not counting MBTA and Amtrak. I am talking about co, such as Guilford which I know has only a couple officers, but aside from them, are there any other companies that have and use railroad police. know that there was years ago for example to name a few B&M, Upton R.R., Worcester ect, and I was currious if any others like these still exist and do they have Officers, or is it just Guilford now that has power over all these companies and are they the only one that has Police Officers or Investigators?
I hope that make's things clearer.
Thanks

by UPRR engineer

I still dont understand what your getting at, thought about giving it to Otto to place somewhere, maybe someone else here will figure it out. Then the C can move it.

by Aji-tater

He is asking what railroads in New England still have their own Railroad Police departments.

by UPRR engineer

Too bad he couldnt have said it like that, read like gibberish to me. Too much corporations, agencies, companies smeared in a mess of questions, assumptions, and statements for me to try to pick out what hes lookin for. Dont know where it belongs, but it aint in Operations. Why does he want to know?

"I AM NEW HERE.....AHHHH.....i have read your posts....I ASK ABOUT YOUR RAILROAD AGENCY."
Easy on the coffee there Beavis.

by zoomdude

well duh if u read his question ya could see he has law experience and is looking for a new job

by NHN503

Well for MA, you have Amtrak PD, MBTA PD and B&MRR PD, and Grafton & Upton PD

I was offered a job for "Amtrak Boston"...except it was in New Haven Yard...'cause there insn't anyone retiring in the South Station office for some time. I didn't want to move to CT, or commute 4 hours a day, so I did not take the offer.

MBTA PD is always hiring for their RR guys...

B&MRR PD is down to 2 last I heard yesterday..they aint hiring more for many moons.

Grafton and Upton has one guy.

I've been trying to get NH RR's to get cops, as I would love to make the transition from beat cop to RR PD...but it doesn't look like it will happen with the short lines here.

by metman499

Maine Eastern also has a police force.

by MEC407

UPRR engineer wrote:I still dont understand what your getting at
Take another look:
cityarea wrote:I was currious what rail agencies still have /use police officers in Massachusetts and New England
OK, so he wants to know which railroads in Massachusetts and/or New England still have (or use) police officers.

Was that so hard? :P

As for the appropriateness of the topic to this forum, perhaps it would be better suited to the New England forum.

And... ummm... doesn't CSX still have a police department?

by cityarea

Geez sorry guys didn't mean to confuse any of you, but some of you hit it on the head, I was looking for what rr companies have their own P.D.'s ect, I know of the regular ones, like the T ect, but was currious who else was out there. Is Gulford still in use, I ask because I wasn't sure if the took over all the other types of private rail roads, and was currious just because, and because I was looking for a change from the local thing around here since where I currently work had Departmental cutbacks, I have been looking to get into a rail road for quite some time but with no success with trying only one R.R. Company that I think is out there in Ma. i know that $ is and can be an issue like anywhere but was hoping.,
If there are any others that can be thought of for me I'd be greatful.
? Is cxs up here or conrail and how hard are they to get on.
Again thanks so much.

by UPRR engineer

MEC407 wrote:As for the appropriateness of the topic to this forum, perhaps it would be better suited to the New England forum.
Id have to agree.

Cityarea, your posts are still hard to get, no your not asking about jobs, yes im asking, wait im curious, five years in law enforcement, no im in security looking at getting layed off. <---- what it sounds like.

Search the net for "Railroads in Massachusetts/New England" look for a "contact us" shoot them an e-mail.

by UPRR engineer

A Good Example:

I've been a Massachusetts State Trooper for 5 years, this job sucks, i might get layed off. I know that some railroads have Special Agents in a few locations, ive applied with MBTA and Amtrak with no luck. There any other railroads operating in the New England area that has a Police Department?
-------------------
What, Why, Who, and Where in three easy to read sentences.
Train service pays more there Cityarea, you did know that right?

by cityarea

Hey engineer, every one else on here got what I was looking for perhaps you don't get it with all the fumes from your train or maybe it's becuase being from Wyoming you just don't understand. I was specific and your the only one who doesn't seem to understand and perhaps being from where you are from you don't understand law enforcement in new england is much different than in other parts of the country. Yes in Massachusetts especally, sometimes there are cutbacks. Hell when I went through my 28 week Police Academy (oops I mean "Security as you put it") I never expected to be where I am today. In Mass we have this thing called civil service(. for most) not all, city and town police and fire which btw the MBTA subscribes to, it requires you to take an examination to be a police officer and then pick city's and towns at random, and even if you do well which I do, as do alot of others as well, it's like hitting the lottery since these lists also have hundreds of people on them, and then some. so unless you are a woman or different color, so there fore guys like me, have to go to a non civil service community or college, preying that you get civil service, if you do not and are forced like me and others like me to be at the whim of administrators to do as they please with their budgets and staff, and have no one to really answer to unlike with civil service so there fore,uys like me can be are sometimes screwed. Unfortuateny I am looking for something new not because I want to but because I have to, as I have explained, and hope that YOU have the cells to comprehend it. I have like others, have mouths to feed. So please I find your last reply a pure insult to me and my profession as you know nothing about me. 28 weeks of training and then experience, and thats not even counting my numerous accolades that I got while working (not that it matters) my friend to put my life on the line every god dam night and to put up with bull shi... from people like you. I should have thought before posting that I would get shit on a website. I asked a ?, for those of you who did get it, thank you for all you help and sugestions. I appologize in advance for my rant, but found the last reply to be insulting to me and as I said my profession.

by UPRR engineer

Too tired to have a flame war, (that wasnt my intent) dragging trains in all night makes me sleepy........ WELCOME TO RAILROAD.NET CITY DUDE!!!!! I went about, trying to get you to say what you were REALLY wanting from us the wrong way. Sorry bro. Sounds like your job sucks, maybe you should visit the Jobs Forum here and drop the Law Enforcement career, i know they dont pay worth a crap.

Union Pacific is hiring big time here in Wyoming if money is what your after. :-D

Im going to bed.

Railroaders put there life on the line also when they punch the clock.