• PATH employment

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by Jeremy

Hey, I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I am going in a couple of weeks for the written test on Madison Avenue and I was looking for some advice on what I can expect. I am currently a trainman here in NY. The position I am going for is "Passenger Information Agent". Can anyone tell me anything about it? e.g how much it pays, how are the benefits, hours and stuff like that. Thank you!!
  by Jeremy

i recently took the hiring test and was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me how the whole hiring thing works. i know the test says passenger information agent but i do have a few years experience as a conductor and engineer. what are the odds on being hired as a condr/engr and not as a passenger information agent? and does anyone know how long the process takes? how soon after the test should i expect to be contacted? any help would be greatly appreciated.

by LIRailfan79

what RR do you (or did you) work for as a trainmen?
why did u leave?

by Jeremy

i work for the nyar, i guess i'm looking for a better job, with better benefits and a better quality of life

by LIRailfan79

i Think the LIRR is hiring Assistant Conductors, why not put in an applicaton.
your already very familiar with the LIRR.