• roundhouse trucks

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by el3625

Looking for modern roundhouse ( 70t ) freight trucks that would have came on fmc hoppers, modern boxcars, railgons and so forth. Part number is #29181. These were used on roundhouse cars up to athearn buying them out. If anyone has any they could part with, I sure could use them. I need about 10 pair. Thanks for looking at my post.
  by lexon

This might be nothing but this company bought up the old MDC Roundhouse rolling stock some years ago and selling them on ebay. They sell trucks but have no idea if they are the ones you want.
I have bought some kits from them.
http://www.rivercityrailroad.com/

Check Athearn and see if they still sell the cars you want as you can buy the trucks from them.
I have bought the tender trucks will all wheel pickups from Athearn. I do know the old part number will not be good if they do sell the same cars now.

Rich
  by scharnhorst

You looking for N or HO Scale?? If you need N Scale let me know I got almost 200 or 300 sets here that I'm not useing
  by jwhite07

This might be nothing but this company bought up the old MDC Roundhouse rolling stock some years ago and selling them on ebay. They sell trucks but have no idea if they are the ones you want.
I have bought some kits from them.
http://www.rivercityrailroad.com/
This is no fault of lexon's, but anyone choosing to click the above link should be aware that the website it leads to will send a popup asking to allow access to whatever you may have recently copied to your computer's Clipboard. I see absolutely no reason for the owners of that website to have that kind of information. Despite the fact that you can refuse to send them this information (and anyove visiting the site should without fail do so!), I consider it such an egregious attempt to violate my privacy that I do not care if they have the neatest, cheapest stuff in the world for sale - they will NEVER have me as a customer.

Just my two cents, and no, I don't give my phone number or zip code at the dam*ed checkout register, either.
  by el3625

I was looking for HO scale. I have found enough for what I needed. Thanks for the responces.

Bruce
  by lexon

I don't know what you are doing with your PC but I NEVER get any POP UP's with this site and I go there quite a lot. I might get an ebay email once a month from them or less but never respond via the email. I have their link stored in my browser.
I use Firefox 3.0 with Ad Block Plus and Flash Block. I also configure the browser to block pop up windows.
Firefox is configured to never keep log in info and also dumps all data of what I was browsing.

Rich
  by jwhite07

When I got the security message, I was using IE 7 with medium-high security settings. The message reads "Do you want to allow this webpage to access your Clipboard? If you allow this, the webpage can access the Clipboard and read information that you've cut or copied recently."

I admit I have never seen the warning while visiting any other website, to the best of my recollection. However, it's there, and it begs a few questions:

Why does the rivercityrailroad.com website ask for permission to access data stored on a visitor's Clipboard, and what is their justification and intended use for it?
Apparently the warning appears to some users and not others due to browser choice and/or security settings. If the warning does not appear, is the data not accessed, or can it be sent anyway, without the visitor's knowledge?
Is the warning coming up as a result of the website being hacked, and if so, are the owners aware of it?

Also, the Clipboard and a browser's cache are two different things. You can clear your cache and passwords and history all day long, and it will have no affect on your Clipboard. If you, say, copy some personal financial data in Excel and paste it to a Word document, and then decide to open your browser and visit the site to do some train shopping online, it's possible that you could transmit the financial data you have on your Clipboard to them (or, if it's a result of hacking, to whoever). No matter what, is it really necessary for them to know what's on your clipboard in order for you to do business with them? Absolutely NO.

Rich, I will visit the site using a number of browsers (IE8, Firefox, Google Chrome) and different security settings and let you know by PM, if you're interested, whether and at what settings I get the security message. If I were a customer, I would consider calling them and asking them what's up with it.

I apologize for going on and on, but I felt it was a matter worthy of further discussion.
  by lexon

Contact River City.
I have never had anything left in the clipboard. I learned years ago to watch the clipboard.
I use a Linux Operating System for over seven years and never have any issues like that.
When I shut down the PC, Linux OS clears the Temp file and the clipboard if anything is there. I might do a Print Screen once in a while and the clipboard is cleared when I shut down the PC.
Linux cannot open a exe file if one gets into the system, I tried as an experiment and Linux did not know what do with the file.
I use to use Firefox with Windows 98 and never had any issues.
I found by experience, Failure in not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

Rich
  by jwhite07

No warning message in Firefox 3.6.22 or Google Chrome 14.0.835, but I do get it in IE 9.

Rich, if you are satisfied that your data security is not at risk, then so am I. I meant only to bring it to people's attention as a possible concern. el3625 has found what he was looking for, which is great. Time for me to go do some model railroading too. I appreciate your input!