• KD #5s for Rivarossi 1502 Loco

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by bamacrazy

I'm new to model trains and am looking for help with switching out couplers on my Rivarossi HO L&N 1502 locomotive. I have switched out the couplers on most of my engines and rolling stock with Kadee #5 couplers. The 1502 is giving me problems, though. Anyone know of any knuckle couplers that are compatable with Kadees and will fit on my Ricarossi?
  by andre

if you go to the Kadee website and search around there is a conversion chart in a PDF that will have a breakdown by scale, brand, locomotive type and it will tell you which coupler to install.

this is the chart here

http://www.kadee.com/conv/holist.pdf

hopefully this well help you on your project.

is your locomotive a diesel or steam?
  by ApproachMedium

These are not a plug and play operation. To install couplers on a rivarossi engine requires doing some work, mounting some plastic and installing a kadee draft gear box. They are not going to just slide and screw into place.
  by andre

ApproachMedium wrote:These are not a plug and play operation. To install couplers on a rivarossi engine requires doing some work, mounting some plastic and installing a kadee draft gear box. They are not going to just slide and screw into place.
i actually installed kadees on my rivarossi equipment, you cannot use a #5, there is a special model designed specifically for the rivarossi coupler pockets which i have purchased in the past. when i get a chance ill take a photograph of the specific coupler and post it.