• Replacment Trucks for Branchline

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by JonnyRay

I built an HO branchline trains passenger coach kit and it runs like garbage, derails all the time even though the wheels are in gauge. I want to replace the trucks. Athearn and Bethlehem car works both make replacement trucks. Does anyone have any ideas about which trucks to use?
  by CPSD40-2

Jonny,

Not implying anything whatsoever, but have you checked your track over for gauge? Perhaps too tight of a radius? If the wheels are in gauge then I don't see how a different set of trucks will help you out there. Are the wheels spinning freely?