• P&W shoreline customer question...

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

by Cosmo

Just how many customers does P&WRR serve that are located on the shoreline or that they need to use the shoreline to acess? I know of some, ie: Tilcon/ Groton, ??? Lumber co. in Niantic, annother customer between Niantic and Groton, and the cluster of sidings around Old Saybrook/ Saybrook Jct.
By completing the rehab of the Valley line to the south, how much would P&W actually stand to save, how much independance from Amtrak would they gain?

by CSX Conductor

Supposedly the P&W wants to run COFC trains out of Quonsett Point, someday soon. :wink:
  by pw3901

JOIN THE P&W Mailing List On Yahoogroups. [/url]

by Stephen

CSX Conductor
Supposedly the P&W wants to run COFC trains out of Quonsett Point, someday soon.
Would they just run them up to their intermodal terminal in Wocester? Or would this be in co-operation with another line? If its only to Wocester, that sure is a short haul.

Thanks,
Stephen

by CSX Conductor

Maybe some containers would terminate @ Worcester, but I believe the majority of it, if not all, would be sent west on CSXT from CP-45.

by Stephen

That makes sense.
Thanks,
Stephen
  by pw3901

CSX Conductor wrote:Supposedly the P&W wants to run COFC trains out of Quonsett Point, someday soon. :wink:
I Don't Think You Will See Any COFC. Or Double Stacks. To Much "BS" In RI. But You Will See AutoRacks In Davisville,RI. "Hopefully" They Will Be Running In 2006...? BMW's & I Think..? Subaru's. i Would be Nice if..? One of The Big Boys Would Consider To Move To Davisville. Time Will Tell. PW3901.