• Conductor PAY????

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by dglenns87

hi I have a question about how the pay works while on the road, I just got hired but havent started training yet. I was trying to fine out how the pay is broken down on the road. Iheard you can make around 3000 every two weeks which is awesome but how do they determine how much you make daily. If someone could thouroughly break down how the pay works id really appreciate it. Also i know ill probably be on the extra board when i get out of training is it hard to fine work on the extra board im in houston thanks a lot for any answers
  by duluthrail616

Pay will be based on your local union contracts. It is different everywhere. Talk to your local union rep. Then take into account that your pay will only be at 75-80% for a year.
  by dglenns87

thanks i was trying to get an idea of if it is by mile or job and what the average is