• RLR Railroad

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Alcophile

OK for my Journalism class I need to know who owned RLR Railroad in Batavia, NY. I've searched all over and found nothing. This place doesn't even have a website. When you go rlrrailroad.com it's a nonsensical rant in Japanese about approaching the other sex. I'm at a dead end!
  by green_elite_cab

Probably not a good spot in this forum but i'll bite.

there doesn't appear to be an RLR railroad. Are you sure you have it right? The Erie, New York Central, and Lehigh Valley went through town at one point. These days, its almost all abandoned. CSX still rolls through, and there is a small railroad called the Depew Lancaster and Western railway. The maps don't show any other railroads.

That said, this railroad is full of ALCOs, so i assume thats what you were looking for.
  by conrail71

There was a hobby shop in Batavia called RLR railroad, it closed about 5 years ago. I can't remember the name of the owner right now, if it comes to me I'll post it for you.
Mike
  by Dieter

Would you please spell out what you have been told the "RLR" stands for? It may have been a company drawing investors in the mid 1800's which NEVER drove a spike in anything.

D/
  by jgallaway81

I bought my first G scale diesel from RLR. I always liked that shop. It was a full day trip for me out of Arcade... straight up 98 to Batavia to RLR, then continued north on 98 up to Ridge Road for.. you guessed it, Ridge Road Station.

Good luck.
  by Otto Vondrak

Alcophile wrote:OK for my Journalism class I need to know who owned RLR Railroad in Batavia, NY. I've searched all over and found nothing. This place doesn't even have a website. When you go rlrrailroad.com it's a nonsensical rant in Japanese about approaching the other sex. I'm at a dead end!

Sounds like you better take some more classes.

Good luck in your... Whatever.

-otto-