• UK visitor to Marias Pass; Questions

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

by DjI

Next weekend, I will be taking advantage of the 3 short working weeks resulting from the Easter, Royal Wedding and Mayday Bank Holidays all coming together in the UK, by having a holiday in Canada/USA.

We're flying to Calgary, then, having 2 weeks in Canada, before crossing the border to stay at the famous Izaak Walton Inn on the Marias Pass for 4 days.

I have already done some homework by getting the relevant SPV Atlases, and by looking at various websites, although a lot of the Marias Pass info I've found is a few years old.

As this is a family holiday, and I will be doing other things as well, the main information that I am after concerns train frequency and whether some parts of the day, or certain days of the week, are better then others. This way, hopefully, I won't spend too much time hanging around.

Previous experience makes me realise that nothing is guaranteed when it comes to train running, but I will be grateful for any information that can be provided.

David