• getting a new layout going

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by kitn1mcc

its been a few years since i have had a layout. just started setting one back up. i am using some of my old cars and loco

i noticed all the newer well built cars use metal wheels. is it work switching over my older stock it seems they seem to roll beter

also i am thinking of going all KD style coupleers
  by Dieter

Instead of getting new wheels, put that money towards other things you will need, including rolling stock. YES, stick with Kadee #5's on your Freights.

D/
  by kitn1mcc

yeah i have all my old building and other fun stuff i built awhile back as well