• So... what is shipped in those stack containers?

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

by emd_SD_60

Just what do they ship in those stack containers on the flatcars? Clothes? Canned food? Building Supplies?

by wis bang

F.A.K. which is short hadn for "freight all kinds"...

by trainfreak

It is pretty bad when you see those containers ripped open from going under a bridge that is to low for them to go under.

by Santa Fe Sucks

everything

by Joe

Anything you can think of that can fit that doesn't already go in another railcar type. :-D

by emd_SD_60

Come on guys... I want straight answers.

by wis bang

I'm the safety Director for an Intermoday drayage firm, the term I see aoo the time is FAK, Freight , all Kinds...We do importred items like boxes full of windshields., cases of cetamic tile, Military items, All sorts of items...We have 9 locations and 4 are dependent on mid-west railheads. West coast boxes are railed double stack into Pt Newark/Pt Elizabeth

Also load all types of stuff for export...Rolls of newsprint, chemcials, and more...

Freight , All Kinds.

My wife works at the DC for a nationwide distributor of phones, cooking apliances, hair and beauty products, and more. Most of it is imported in containers. Their company Owner & President just got out from serving federal time for skimming a couple hundred bucks for them on each container comming from Asia out of the 3PL's and shipping guys...they walked off w/ big bucks.

Round where I work, all businesses have several containers backed up to the receiving dock.

I start my commute on the NJ TPK at exit 8A. Twenty yrs ago, it was all fields and a handfull fo businesses. Now the fields have sprouted big box distrubution centers and there is a constant conga line of containers from the Seaport [13A] down to exit 8A every day...

20' & 40' Iso containers have also been joined by 'Domestic" 45, 48 & 53 foot units. Schneider & J B Hunt are converting to them so they can COFC on top of stack units VRS TOFC for their cross country work.

Freight, all Kinds...FAK

by txbritt

Come on guys... I want straight answers.
Dude, Everything! Anything that can be shoehorned into those containers will be.

TxBritt

by emd_SD_60

All right, crazy_nip, I get the idea! :-D Wis bang's reply said it all for me. Now let's consider this topic closed.

by txbritt

That ain't funny, and I ain't laughing.

TxBritt

by emd_SD_60

I think i'm going to have Railpac shut this thread down, as it's gone pretty far enough...

by Railpac

Not quite a flame war yet in my opinion, but I'm gonna stay safe on this one and stop it before it does fire up into flames. Sorry guys, topic I think has been thoroughly answered. Remember to play nice :wink: .