Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by RearOfSignal

Metro-North will be running a 7:05pm weekday Yankee game schedule on 9/13-14, for the Jay-Z/Eminem concert. Wonder how many people will actually use this service? I'll let you know Wed morning. I gotta feeling it's gonna be empty :wink: But they'll probably have us make all the local stops anyway even if there's no one on the train, that would suck.
Metro-North will run additional service including special direct trains, additional stops on regularly scheduled trains and full shuttle service to/from Grand Central Terminal & Harlem-125th Street Station to the Eminem & Jay-Z concerts being held at 7 PM at Yankee Stadium on Monday, September 13, and Tuesday, September 14.
Full article: http://www.mta.info/mnr/html/yankees/EminemJayZ.htm
  by metrony

Reese wrote:Metro-North averaged 3,000 people per night for the 2 concerts, btw
how many people were at the concert anyway?
  by metrony

Terminal Proceed wrote:How many people were at the concert is in no way relevant to this discussion.
Disagree.
If say 19,000 (Know it probably much more, but just throwing numbers out since I don't know how many people went) attended it the 3,000 ridership looks very good or it could just mean more fans from Metro-North territory went to the concert.
  by Terminal Proceed

Bottom line - who cares. They said trains were full. THAT is the point of the discussion - whether trains were full or empty.
  by metrony

Terminal Proceed wrote:Bottom line - who cares. They said trains were full. THAT is the point of the discussion - whether trains were full or empty.
Well then excuse me I didn't know.