Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by brettj22

The 11:05 Yankee Clipper out of Southeast today had at least one filthy unusable bathroom and piles of trash like the one below strewn about the train... Are we already seeing the effect of budget cuts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by DutchRailnut

so you found one out of 93 cars from southeast, you got nits to pick ??
  by brettj22

The whole train is like this, I could snap a lot more pics... I'm not usually a complainer but it made me wonder, how big a step back the economic troubles of the MTA are going to cause? I haven't seen a train in this condition in a very long time.
Last edited by brettj22 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by DutchRailnut

Metro North runs extra trains for games but has not increased amount of people to service them.
So those people already there got to do extra trains, on weekends there is already minimum amount of people ??
Maybe they cleaned a train but it got shopped, and after all, we can't make overtime, without it being plasterd all over newspapers.

just remember pig sty's were clean till you put pigs in , same with trains.
  by brettj22

Just after you post that the couple in front of me starts to fling their bottle caps from their beer all over the car and giving the conductor a hard time...

I feel bad when I see those OT articles. Where I used to work the bean counters showed it was more economical to pay those of us who wanted to work the OT than to hire more people, so everybody won. It seems every day the Post or the News has some "exclusive expose" on OT...
  by Wayside Observer

Trains on the NH Line are even filthier. MN has reduced the number of coach cleaners and the effect is quite noticable. But, the real problem is with the passengers who seem to treat the trains like their own waste cans.
  by L'mont

brettj22 wrote:I feel bad when I see those OT articles. Where I used to work the bean counters showed it was more economical to pay those of us who wanted to work the OT than to hire more people, so everybody won. It seems every day the Post or the News has some "exclusive expose" on OT...

Ah The Post......every civil servants worst enemy. I work for NYC and I TOO hate those O/T smearings. "Firefighter "get"s 400 hours O/T". I guess you just "get" O/T, you don't actually WORK, away from your family, an extra 400 hours?
  by elec tech

The yankee trains are always disgusting. Why??? The passengers that ride then are not commuters and dont give a shit about the fact that people have to ride these things every day. For the most part all trains are cleaned at the point where it turnes and trains turn multiple times a day.
  by Otto Vondrak

The return of filthy customers is more like it. Most of the passengers are out of control, and its not the fault of the crew...

If you have a complaint about filthy trains, bring it to Customer Service...

-otto-