Forum for the discussion of the Budd Company and Budd-Thyssen through bankruptcy. Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budd_Company

Moderator: John_Perkowski

by Jayayess1190

Hello. I really would like to find video of the old M3's that used to run on the Market Frankford. I am 18 and barely remember what they sound like. I have watched the few videos on youtube, but does anyone know where to find longer video of them?
  by ex Budd man

The Septa store at 1234 Market in Center City has a lot of videos, including the M3 cars. The on line store doesn't show every thing in the store.
  by R36 Combine Coach

You can also rent Trading Places or Rocky.
  by Jayayess1190

Thank you, I will have to check it out. I have been in the store plenty of times, but I have never seen M3 videos. And I will also look into renting Rocky and Trading places.
  by scotty269

Buddsilverliner269 might have some in his archive. Try sending him a PM.
  by BuddSilverliner269

I have hours of video on the Budd M3's(I loved those cars, they got me into this hobby) the problem is they are all on video. I want to upload them onto Youtube as alot of this is good stuff such as express service flying thru stations and the very last day they ran which was the farewell trip on 7-5-99 and shots at stations with the M3s and M4s side by side working.I dont have the connections to put the stuff from video onto youtube for all to enjoy.
  by scotty269

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:I have hours of video on the Budd M3's(I loved those cars, they got me into this hobby) the problem is they are all on video. I want to upload them onto Youtube as alot of this is good stuff such as express service flying thru stations and the very last day they ran which was the farewell trip on 7-5-99 and shots at stations with the M3s and M4s side by side working.I dont have the connections to put the stuff from video onto youtube for all to enjoy.
If you give me the docs you have for me, I might be able to help you convert... :-D
  by thegivenup

It's a trap, he's trying to steal your rail fanning and use it for his own! :-D
  by SubwayTim

I'm not sure if it's still available, but I have a video I bought at the Transit Museum Store in the late 1990s called "A Ride On The El - A Farewell To The Budd Cars" by Carson Home Video. I haven't watched it in quite a while so I don't know if it includes actual sounds of the El, or if it's all music.
  by MACTRAXX

Jay and everyone: Good videos of the MFSE in the 90s era before the M4 cars!
This was very nicely done by PEARL! MACTRAXX