• LA&L, B&H, WNYP Train Movements 2009

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

by The Tenth Legion

Great work! That's a beautiful engine. She looks to be in tip-top shape. The LAL is a class act.
  by FL9AC

By any chance do you have any good detail shots of the Horn currently on the 418? I've started building an HO-scale model of it, and currently have no idea what horn to use :(. Looks like a five-chime with the outer chimes backwards and the middle three forward...
  by railwatcher

Left Avon, Northbound with under 15 cars about 6pm. Train stopped and switched Kraft. I got a distance view of what looked like #420 leading #425. Does anyone know why its running second shift?
  by ERIE 360

Expect a train at any time, in any direction, and at any speed. The schedule will return to "normal" in due time or it might not, its up to the railroad.
  by C. J. Brooks

Probably due to the daytime work of a tie gang in Genesee Jct. B791 (the CSX job that works Genesee Jct.) is also currently running at night.
  by railwatcher

Last nights northbound left Avon about 5pm with under 15 cars, #420 and #425 leading respectively.
  by NS59

DFT-6 was sitting at Turtle Point all day today with 630/41/636. I waited until 1400 and gave up. Did it ever head North in daylight?
  by Lehighton_Man

First glance, and being good with horns, that looks like a Red and Silver Leslie, RS5T-RRO.
;)
Sean
  by Mike Stellpflug

Office car special from this morning.

At Hornell:

Alfred Station

Will post some more later when I have time.
Last edited by Mike Stellpflug on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by Mike Stellpflug

A few more of the Office car special between Alfred Station and Andover.

by Corry Railfan

Mixed freight with a Canadian Pacific Leader through Corry at 11.40am heading east!! No camera sorry!
  by Mike Stellpflug

Drilling cars in the Avon Yard on Sunday morning.

by Mike Stellpflug

420 - 425 depart Lakeville with 16 cars.

by Mike Stellpflug

Trees still holding some good color, so headed up to Lakeville to catch the train.

420 & 425 were just returning from the elevators on Bronson Hill Rd. with 5 hoppers
when I arrived.

The train left with about 20 cars, so I chased it up to Avon hoping for better lighting.
First stop was Pole Bridge Rd.

Then Papermill Rd.