• The EMD Situation

• Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.
Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by ENR3870

EMD Engineer wrote:Every single locomotive we make is customized to the railroad's request. seeing as how many of the customizations are cab related, I'm sure their requests are driven by recommendations/comments/suggestions from their employees.
EMD Engineer, and I apologise for getting off topic but why air start on the new SD70's?
  by EMD Engineer

ENR3870 wrote:EMD Engineer, and I apologise for getting off topic but why air start on the new SD70's?
We are investigating alternatives.

Just a heads up to everyone, as I've mentioned before EMD is making drastic changes around the LaGrange facility. Seeing as how my direct supervisor has part authority over many of these changes, I have asked if I could share some details and images of the changes being made in a month or so when they are running production. Towards the end of July I will likely be posting proof in pictures of how EMD is moving forward and making progress in further developing and producing higher quality products. Your jaws will drop.
  by MEC407

That's the kind of news I like to hear!
  by ENR3870

EMD Engineer wrote:
ENR3870 wrote:EMD Engineer, and I apologise for getting off topic but why air start on the new SD70's?
Towards the end of July I will likely be posting proof in pictures of how EMD is moving forward and making progress in further developing and producing higher quality products. Your jaws will drop.
I look forward to seeing them.
  by Steve F45

any news from emd since july just ended?
  by EMD Engineer

I just remembered I promised pictures. I'm going to walk over and take them right now. Maybe have them up this afternoon. I may just start a new thread on it so it gets more attention, it will certainly deserve it.
  by MEC407

This sounds interesting!
  by EMD Engineer

Just took the pics. Unfortunately, I've reconsidered putting them up today. I'm going to wait for my supervisor to get back in town before I put them up, just in case they have something else planned. I'm sure he'll be okay with them being up, but you guys are going to have to wait till the end of the week. Sorry.
  by Steve F45

how about a small hint at what kind of changes or surprises there might be :-D
  by CN Sparky

EMD Engineer wrote:
We are investigating alternatives.
I look forward to those other alternatives.. :)

Dragging a cable to boost a unit is one thing, but now I'll need an air hose in the truck too to boost from the next track over...