• Current DLWR Scranton operations

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

by montyvox

Good afternoon-

I will be in the Scranton PA area in the beginning of July, and I am hoping to see the DLWR in operation.

Does anyone know what their current operating times are?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt
  by montyvox

Good morning-

I will be in Scranton on 07/05, and I was wondering what time the Portland Turn comes on duty?

I think it is 7 am, but I'm not sure.

Again, thanks for the help.

Thanks
Matt
  by RS-3

*IF* they run on the 5th 7:00 is a good bet. (Maybe 8:00.) You might have to wait till Monday the 6th for a PT. (You pay your money and you take your chances.) Way too early to tell right now. BTW its the DL, the DLWR is in western NY.

RS
  by montyvox

Thanks for the help.

I should have said that I'll be there on Monday, 07/06, so hopefully they will run the turn that day.

Thanks again for the help.

Matt