• LV amusement parks in PA

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

by Proformance cycle

To all:

Living in the Wilkes Barre area I have heard of 3 LV amusement parks.

1. Hanson's Harvey's Lake Pa

2. Mountain View near Georgetown/WB

3. (can't remember the second but location was) Dallas Pa

Any info, pics, or more parks discussions please

Thanks
LC
  by JhnZ33

Proformance cycle wrote:To all:

Living in the Wilkes Barre area I have heard of 3 LV amusement parks.

1. Hanson's Harvey's Lake Pa

2. Mountain View near Georgetown/WB

3. (can't remember the second but location was) Dallas Pa

Any info, pics, or more parks discussions please

Thanks
LC
To my knowledge, I only know of one LV amusement park in this area, and that would be Hansons on Harveys Lake.

CNJ had Mountain Park, just northeast of Georgetown (compass NE).

The only park in Dallas, that I know of, was Fern Brook Park (where the water tower and the printing business are along route 309). But I believe that park was built by the Trolley company, though I could be wrong.

JJ©

by Proformance cycle

Great info!

I thought the line from Ashley through Soloman's Gap was LV? Or did they share track rights with CNJ?

LC

by CAR_FLOATER

PC -

All depends on what time in LV-CNJ history you are talking about...........

CF

by Proformance cycle

Guys:

It's amazing and how I forget the past as time goes on. There were many parks related or built by railroads! Rocky Glen on the Laurel Line. I guess it was good business to have a rail next to a nice place to play or visit! San Souci is another but I don't know if it was associated to the trolley that ran by it! http://www.rcdb.com/pd1213.htm
  by toolmaker

Fernbrook, PA (Dallas Township) The Lehigh Valley ran past this park on their branch line to Harvey's Lake, Noxen and on to Mountain Springs. I heard the park shut down after a fire.

Gary