• Salamanca operations question

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by baretables

I will be in Salamanca next wednesday and or thursday. Does the B&P road freight make fairly predictably showings? If so, what time ?
  by NS59

Usually departs South out of Salamanca between 0900 - 1000
  by EMTRailfan

NS59 wrote:Usually departs South out of Salamanca between 0900 - 1000
And it's a great chse if your up to that. Usually arrives at Johnsonburg at about 1200ish, and the crew trades trains with the NB and returns. Return times vary. Last time I chased it, the Sally crew had to wait about 1 1/2 hours for the NB to get to Jburg.
  by Conrail4evr

Noon? That's a stretch...maybe if they skip Foster Brook, which is a rarity. Heck, last time I chased them, they worked Mount Jewett too...not to mention their 6 MPH ascent of the grade south of Bradford. Nevertheless, they do arrive in Johnsonburg in daylight, and I also highly recommend this chase!
  by EMTRailfan

Conrail4evr wrote:Noon? That's a stretch...maybe if they skip Foster Brook, which is a rarity. Heck, last time I chased them, they worked Mount Jewett too...not to mention their 6 MPH ascent of the grade south of Bradford. Nevertheless, they do arrive in Johnsonburg in daylight, and I also highly recommend this chase!
What was in Mt. Jewett? Does the JB-2 interchange traffic to/from Hutchins there? Alway thought that it would go back down to Jburg for interchange.