• Comet I #1701 & 1730

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by nick11a

F40 wrote:If the 1700 series is going to replace each set of 30 C5's, where are they primarily going to be?
They'd still be on the Main, Bergen, Pascack, Port Jervis, Montclair/Boonton and Morristown.

by F40

A C5 question:

Did MNRR also purchase C5's or did NJT give them some with MTA's letterings on them as part of a contract or such? So, does the rehab include MNRR C5's as well?

by DutchRailnut

At about 2 million per cab car and 1.6 million per coach NJT was not in mood to give anything. MNCR bought their own 65 Comet V's for the NJT pool service. and yes if any car gets modified so to all others including the MNCR fleet.
  by mmc conductor

according to the foreman in the S/I building at the club 1701 and 1730 are beyond repaired and will be used for any and all parts that can be used
  by nick11a

mmc conductor wrote:according to the foreman in the S/I building at the club 1701 and 1730 are beyond repaired and will be used for any and all parts that can be used
Are one of these the car that had the wheel fall off in Suffern? Or has the car been sold or is back in service? (And which car # was that?)