• New Brunswick Police Activity

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by nick11a

Hey, anyone know what's happenin' at New Brunswick Station? I went today to Rutgers for a meeting around noon. When I got off on the westbound platform, I was greeted by a whole bunch of cops. I counted thirteen in total and at least two K-9 dogs. Then when I descended down to Wall Street, I counted 16 cop cars parked on it all in a row. They came from all around- Mercer, Middlesex etc. Some were sheriffs. They all seemed to be State Police and some were part of K-9 units. I didn't see any NJTPD. They had the dogs sniffing around the whole station. At one point, a dog started barking as if he found something. Couldn't see what though as the cops all congregated around that spot. It was around the center of the platform on the westbound side. I was going to shoot some picture but I didn't feel like doing any jail time today.

by TR-00

Nothing unusual. The 12:21 westbound brings the donuts in from the Edison Station, and these guys were simply getting in line early.

by Don31

TR-00 wrote:Nothing unusual. The 12:21 westbound brings the donuts in from the Edison Station, and these guys were simply getting in line early.
Ya beat me to it!! :-D

by nick11a

TR-00 wrote:Nothing unusual. The 12:21 westbound brings the donuts in from the Edison Station, and these guys were simply getting in line early.
Hahaha! Yeah, the Edison Station Dunkin Donuts. I should have known. I'm sure though they wish you were driving the train so they could be sure the Coolatas were really mixed well!

EDIT: Gosh TR, I went to go practice horn, and I couldn't stop laughing. Makes playing the French horn pretty difficult. :P

by TR-00

I know...I studied 4 years under Mason Williams.

by nick11a

TR-00 wrote:I know...I studied 4 years under Mason Williams.
Wow, locomotive engineer, piano player at the whore house down near Midway and you studied under Mason Williams. You've done it all!

by pdman

The dogs must have just gotten into it with each other. Trained bomb and drug dogs do nothing but sit and look up at their handler when they find what they should find. I learned this when I was doing public service for the State of Pennsylvania as an arson investigator. Same with the dogs that are trained to find bodies in fallen/burned buildings or earthquakes (though few of them in Pennsylvania).

by Jtgshu

TR-00 wrote:I know...I studied 4 years under Mason Williams.
Yea, "Classical GAS" :-) :-) :-D

HAHAHAHA

TR can toot his horn with the best of them!!!! hahahahaha

by nick11a

pdman wrote:The dogs must have just gotten into it with each other. Trained bomb and drug dogs do nothing but sit and look up at their handler when they find what they should find. I learned this when I was doing public service for the State of Pennsylvania as an arson investigator. Same with the dogs that are trained to find bodies in fallen/burned buildings or earthquakes (though few of them in Pennsylvania).
Maybe that's what happened. Also, I remember hearing one of the cops saying something about "residue." I guess it was a false alarm though. But man, there were a lot of police on the scene!