• Stations on Reading's Grenloch Branch

• Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.
Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.

Moderator: Franklin Gowen

by David

Looking for pictures of the Glendora and Bellmawr Stations on the Grenloch Branch. I have pictures of the Mount Ephraim Station (My Avatar), Runnemede, Blackwood, Glenloch and Gloucester stations. Maybe someone with some old Reading knowledge can find something :) --Thanks

by limejuice

Is this branch the overgrown ROW with the green power lines that passes under 42 south just before the Blackwood/Clementon exit?

by David

Yes Limejuice, it is. The line is active to the NJ Turnpike in Runnemede. It goes under 42 (no tracks, soon to be a rail trail). That is the Blackwood/Blenheim area.

by bellstbarn

Many thanks! This morning, we were at a motel in Runnemede and I decided to look at a right-of-way that seemed to parallel Black Horse Pike. Thanks for identifying it as as a Reading branch.

by David

The line parallels Black Horse Pike all the way to its end in Grenloch. Parts of it all through Blackwood and now parts of Blenheim have become a nice rail-trail. Another segment is completed in Runnemede. Plans call for all of the abandoned part to be converted. The active portion includes the towns of Gloucester City, Mount Ephraim and Bellmawr.

by David

Bring this old thread alive--Has anyone found any old pictures of this old Reading line?--Looking for stations like my avitar (Reading station of Mount Ephraim).--Any information of this line would be appreciated--Thanks :-)

by RDG-LNE

If you can locate a copy, there are photos of the stations in Benjamin Bernhart's (sp?) Reading Station Pictorial books. I forget what volume, maybe the one that includes G? The books are arranged by branchline name, so the Grenloch would be in the volume including G. I grew up in Bellmawr and plan to include a model of the station on my model railroad.

Drew
  by Steam man

by David

Great picture, Steam man--Thanks for sharing.