• Erie Buffalo Division Lockport branch passenger service

• Discussion relating to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western, the Erie, and the resulting 1960 merger creating the Erie Lackawanna. Visit the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society at http://www.erielackhs.org/.
Discussion relating to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western, the Erie, and the resulting 1960 merger creating the Erie Lackawanna. Visit the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society at http://www.erielackhs.org/.

Moderator: blockline4180

by t-croz

I have looked for info on Erie Passenger service between North Tonawanda and Lockport, New York and have come up short.
ETT's for Buffalo division do not indicate that passenger service existed. Can anyone out there offer any help? (I have the book, Erie Lackawanna In Color, Vol. 2: New York State, by Larry DeYoung on my Christmas list.)
My basic question is...
"Did the Erie provide passenger service on this branch at any time?" I do know that the International Railway Company (IRC) did provide Trolley service along the entire Erie ROW from NT to Lockport from about 1902 until 1950.
Also, if a cheapskate like me were to purchase a Lifelike P2K E8 or PA1 in the two-tone green color scheme and match it up with the IHC heavyweight passenger cars, would this consist be anywhere close to a fair representation of reality?

All (contructive!) comments welcome.
Thanks,
Tom

by pdman

I have a 1915 Railway Guide. It shows two trains a day. #493, leave Buffalo at 7:25 am with stops at East Buffalo, Walden Ave., Kensington, Main Street, North Tonowanda, Gratwick, LaSalle, Niagara Falls, Suspension Bridge, and Niagara Falls, Ont (arriving 8:40). A reverse train leaving Niagara Falls, Ont at 6:55 pm and arriving at Buffalo at 8:25. Timetable 9 shows it also as trains 5 and 6 from and to Hornell through to Niagara Falls, Ont. Numbers 5 and 6 had sleepers to and from Jersey City and Buffalo only. I can not find any Canadian Northern (called then) through or connection service going beyond. 5 was called the Buffalo Express and 6 was called the New York Express.

by pdman

t-corz, Sorry I got carried away looking at the timetable and lost track of your quest for Lockport. The 1915 Guide does not show it, and my 1934 one indicates an Erie branch and shows it on the map, but there isn't even a Freight Service Only listing of the line. The same with the 1915 Guide. So, it's a dry well for passenger service on the Erie.