• How often do you railfan?

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

by 35dtmrs92

So far, I have only read about trains avidly and scanned pictures on the Internet, but one of my friends has expressed interest in accompanying me to railfan. Maybe this spring I will ride down to the NJT yard in Long Branch.

by alex45

CoastStarlight99 wrote:i do not trespass, i only railfan at amtrak stations preferrably smaller ones to stay away from Amtrak police. Its tough being a railfan these days!!
Ill agree with that! In Providence, there is 2-3 amtrak police officers on duty!! I have managed to become friends with one of them. But the others dont want me around! So i have to do a lot of sneak shots in order to get around them. SO ANNOYING!!

by stevo

it's terrible right after something bad happened too. the day after the london bombings was also the first time i had ever seen MTA police at the mineola station on the LIRR. my grandmother and i went to watch trains and they wanted to know what we were doing there

by alex45

It seems that the people are getting less strict about it now. On Sunday, I went to the station and there were 2 Amtrak Policemen, and they didnt even care.

by stevo

well there haven't been any terrorist attacks lately.