Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Otto Vondrak

Is there anywhere to grab food within a 3 minute walk of Greenwich? I have a 15 minute layover every morning and evening. Something for coffee in the morning and a sandwich in the evening would be nice.

-otto-

by L'mont

On Greenwich ave, there's the Thataway Cafe, might be easy for a quick bite.
  by Jeff Smith

Otto Vondrak wrote:Is there anywhere to grab food within a 3 minute walk of Greenwich? I have a 15 minute layover every morning and evening. Something for coffee in the morning and a sandwich in the evening would be nice.

-otto-
Tons of places last time I was there, roundabout 98-99. There used to be a great pub called the stationhouse, on the corner of Railroad Pl and Greenwich Av, but it closed, sorry. We closed it with a bang, dancing on the tables. I'm sure most remember it for its great burgers. But that doesn't help, does it?

There was a good diner type place on the same row as the Station House, across the street from the station entrance, you could probably grab some quick food. There was a pizza place on the same side of the street as the station, go out the station to the right, they probably do subs/heros as well.

by Pbolo714

In the evening i would hit up planet pizza 622 0999. and in the am there is the olive tree cafe. OK food. there is a small diner across the street but I don't know if that would be fast enough.

thataways would take too long. both of these places I have mentioned above are on rr ave.

why do you have a 15 min stopover ea. way? There aren't single seat rides to where you are going? coming?

by Jeff Smith

Pbolo714 wrote:In the evening i would hit up planet pizza 622 0999. and in the am there is the olive tree cafe. OK food. there is a small diner across the street but I don't know if that would be fast enough.
Planet Pizza, that was it. Not familiar with Olive Tree. The diner is uusually pretty quick.

by theozno

Sarge wrote:
Pbolo714 wrote:In the evening i would hit up planet pizza 622 0999. and in the am there is the olive tree cafe. OK food. there is a small diner across the street but I don't know if that would be fast enough.
Planet Pizza, that was it. Not familiar with Olive Tree. The diner is uusually pretty quick.
they are not bad. If your ever in old greenwich you have sound beach pizza (previously arcurry pizza) as well as the bagel shop and lastly my favorite, Garden catering

Anyone know what the status of the people in the train station that help the commuters out in the morning with doughnuts papers and cofee. last I heard is the town of greenwich is kicking them out.

by Otto Vondrak

Thanks, all, for the suggestions. There is no one-seat ride between the two stations I travel, and I'd rather take my layover in Greenwich and have some peace versus combat with the teeming hordes at Stamford.

-otto-

by sblackman07

Well, at least at Stamford you have a Dunkin' Donuts right in the station to get something in the morning...