Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Clean Cab

Not to mention the 6 GP-35s which also did not go out to competitive bidding.

by Jeff Smith

DutchRailnut wrote:ConnDOT's lack of complying with law is notorious, statelaw requires 3 compettetive bids from 3 credible suppliers.
Did anyone see a bid proces for the 11 brookville locomotives where ConnDot is paying majority of contract ????
ConnDOT is above the law simple as that.
Historically, yes, but I think Rell is trying to change the culture there. Or, at least, the euphism that sh*t rolls downhill is operative, and some are taking the fall.

Remember, Rowland was notorious and convicted. Wasn't he from Waterbury and part of that whole scandal?

They still are displaying a propensity to study everything to death.

by Clean Cab

Also keep in mind that sometimes there aren't enough bidders to meet with state requirements. I know for a fact that when the M2s went out for their first overhaul, M/K was the low bidder. The same was true for the second round of overhauls. And the 8 pairs that I mentioned above (blizzard damaged) were covered by the open contract with M/K.