• Amtrak In New Haven, New York and Springfield?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by Anonymous881

Do the engineers lists in New Haven, New York and Springfield make any decent money or are they all straight time jobs with No O/T?

by MNRR PA OPERATOR

Every railroad no matter what terminal has good and bad runs. Some have built in overtime and some dont, but overtime happens anyway. Check ur PM and write back for more info.............

by jz441

Is it true that Amtrak is trying to eliminate New Haven crew base?

by CSX Conductor

jz441 wrote:Is it true that Amtrak is trying to eliminate New Haven crew base?
Yes, they have wanted to do away with it more & more since the electrification to Boston. :(

by jz441

Where will the crews go? To Boston and New York? I noticed that they are looking for engineers in New Haven.... Why would they be hiring?

by CSX Conductor

They will probably always have to keep the NHV crew base since the only crews that can make a round-trip without reaching hours of service laws are usually the Acela Express crews, and that's assuming things are running smoothly.

by jz441

That's what I thought.... Especialy now that CT is planing on expanding service out of New Haven with the new $2.3 billion transportation bill.

by Anonymous881

When did they electrify New Haven to Boston?

by jz441

Ah..... They canceled engineer jobs for New Haven and Springfield.... :(

by Anonymous881

Why'd they cancel them? They say?

by CSX Conductor

NSLET wrote:When did they electrify New Haven to Boston?
Electric service was started in winter of 1999/2000, if I remember correectly.

by Swedish Meatball

Amtrak crews the Shore Line East from NHV to NLC. So they need a minimum of 9 engineers and 18 trainmen.

by jz441

I would go to NHV... Are they going to post any of those jobs?

by theinsider

CSX Conductor wrote:They will probably always have to keep the NHV crew base since the only crews that can make a round-trip without reaching hours of service laws are usually the Acela Express crews, and that's assuming things are running smoothly.
They also have to change power on the Springfield line trains.