• NS H-02 - sightings and reports

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by gravelyfan

H-02 power was sitting on the Pompton industrial at Mountain View this morning, presumably outlawed there last night. There was one covered hopper east of the power - it did NOT look like a Hartz car.

by dlw1151

H0-2 power was nowhere to be seen this morning! He must be either West of Hackettstown or outlawed somewhere along the Secondary.

by washingtonsecondary

I took the train in from H-Town this morning. The power was split up but both units were in the confines of Dover Yard. 3054 (I think) was coupled to a few box cars and 2 white tankers. Maybe they are headed for Rehis today?

by nick11a

Haven't heard or seen them yet on the Gladstone.
washingtonsecondary wrote:I took the train in from H-Town this morning. The power was split up but both units were in the confines of Dover Yard. 3054 (I think) was coupled to a few box cars and 2 white tankers. Maybe they are headed for Rehis today?

by denvillerailfan

Maybe it's prepped for a friday run again?

We'll see...

by nick11a

I don't think the 02 came down to Reheis today. I would have heard them either at work on the horn or when I was off of work listening to the scanner.

by mountie17

They didn't pass through Murray Hill at their normal time between 9:45 and 10:30 AM. I then drove past Reheis and saw that the gates to the siding were open, although this probably means nothing, as I would think the NS crew on duty would have a key? (The only other time I've seen the gates open with no activity was when they were 15 minutes away.)

Off topic a little....NJT was terminating some locals at Stirling which made for a nice photo of the two sets of Arrow's parked just west of the Central Ave x-ing.

by Phase Gap

HO-2 will be working this Sunday. Sign -up will be at 9am at Dover going West to Washington....See you There.....

by dlw1151

Phase Gap wrote:HO-2 will be working this Sunday. Sign -up will be at 9am at Dover going West to Washington....See you There.....

Thank you for that heads up! As for going to Reheis, you never know anymore! He seems rather sneaky lately.

by nick11a

Have fun chasing tomorrow folks. Won't be able to attend.

by jprez1963

HO-2 westbound through Hackettstown at 11:40 am with 2 units and 4 covered hoppers.

by Railfan4Ever

Caught NS H-02 at Mount Olive station today, was going at restricted speed because she was only a couple minutes behind brush cutting machines.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/archiv ... x?id=14754

by gravelyfan

We chased the H-02 from Dover to Washington Today. The train had 3054 facing west and the 5613 facing east. The train had 4 covered hoppers. They went nonstop to Washington but it took longer than normal because the track was out-of-service west of Morris jct. At Washington H-02 met H-74 at about 12:15. H-74 had PRR 3030 (GP-40) and NS 4811 in conrail blue (B-40). They dropped off about 15 cars for H-02 and then left to go switch BASF. After H-74 left, H-02 came and switched the cars for their train. After taking a few photos we left and headed home. H-02 had some work to do on the way back and also had to drop off cars for the M&E at Lake Junction.

by blockline4180

gravelyfan wrote:We chased the H-02 from Dover to Washington Today. The train had 3054 facing west and the 5613 facing east. The train had 4 covered hoppers. They went nonstop to Washington but it took longer than normal because the track was out-of-service west of Morris jct. At Washington H-02 met H-74 at about 12:15. H-74 had PRR 3030 (GP-40) and NS 4811 in conrail blue (B-40). They dropped off about 15 cars for H-02 and then left to go switch BASF. After H-74 left, H-02 came and switched the cars for their train. After taking a few photos we left and headed home. H-02 had some work to do on the way back and also had to drop off cars for the M&E at Lake Junction.

Yup, I believe they switched a few cars out of NYK Logistics as well.

by SemperFidelis

Crossing the bridge by Dietrich today at 1:30 PM, HO-2 was drilling the siding there.