• T trolley FAR from home!

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by NellsChoo

Last week while driving around after dinner, my boyfriend and I drove past something pretty interesting. Police were directing traffic due to a large truck on the side of the road. It was a long flatbed trailer… with a Green Line trolley on it! The truck had come out of the Breda building in Littleton MA. I was kicking myself that I didn’t have my camera, and that it wasn’t day time. Nevertheless, it was a nifty thing to see!

Jonelle

by caduceus

I live in Littleton, and I've only seen one trolley, out in the parking lot in front of the building. It was a Type 8, and I could only see the top. If I had a camera with me I would have pulled in down there and taken a look.

I really haven't seen anything else there, but on some Saturdays on my way to the dump I've seen the doors open, so something is still going on there.

by Robert Paniagua

I assume noone got the number of the lates trolley seen.

by NellsChoo

It was hard to see in the dark with all the police lights on and stuff... but it was a green line trolley.

by Robert Paniagua

Ok, I'll check out the NETRANSIT website to see any update?

by jwhite07

Ok, I'll check out the NETRANSIT website to see any update?
I suspect the car that Jonelle saw was one of the ones that had been in service previously but went back to Littleton for "reliability modifications".

by Robert Paniagua

Oh I see, have you had any news regarding the remainder of the T8s?

by NellsChoo

Yes, it was obviously already an in-service trolley. It had a destination on the front of it. But it all happened so fast, I didn't get to actually read it.

by aline1969

Ok, the building in Littleton is my grandfather's ex-company. Lone Star-San Vel Concrete Company. He was president of that company, now type 8 Bread cars are there, but not sure for how much longer since the T stopped the contract.

by NellsChoo

Yesterday saw another Green Line trolley on a huge flatbed truck. No real markings on it other than a T. Hope to get a photo up soon...

by caduceus

NellsChoo wrote:Yesterday saw another Green Line trolley on a huge flatbed truck. No real markings on it other than a T. Hope to get a photo up soon...
Yes, there was a T8 off to the side of the building yesterday on a lowboy trailer. Don't know if it was coming or going, and it was too far away to get numbers if it had any.

by NellsChoo

#3846 and #3846A