• Scollay Under

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by mattster

I don't know if any of you have been to Government Center lately, but last night I took the Blue Line to the airport and noticed walls knocked down on either end of the platform. New paint was splashed all over the place and the tile mosaic of "Scollay Under" was uncovered and cleaned. Is the platform long enough for the new trains with the old sections reopened?

by CJ

Havent been out on the Blue Line in a while (gots me a car) tho want to just ride daily, but arg!

Anywho, I heard, like you said that both walls were knocked down w/ a chicken wire type fence up over it, and I also heard somewhere on the forums here that it would be long enough.

Though, If the Scollay Under mosaic was all nice and polished, maybe It means good things!

by CS

Some months ago when South Station was under construction, the someone at the T said that they will start revealing more of the Mosiac signs that are currently hidden - take that for what it's worth...

I know that Downtown Crossing (Washington), Chinatown (Essex), State, Park Street (Under), Symphony, Prudential (Mechanics), Hynes (Massachusetts), Andrew and Kendall have them behind the current walls and maybe Arlington and Copley have them. South Station Under, Central, Broadway and now Scollay Under have the signs up and refurbished.

by kwf

The Harvard Sq bus tunnel has some mosaics, also...
  by Cosmo

OK, I know full well from previous postings that photography in the tunnels is "hinkey" at best, but can anyone get and post pics of the mosaics? I'm dying to see some of them and I have no clue as to when I might get back up that way to see them.
Cosmo
  by parovozis

Cosmo wrote:OK, I know full well from previous postings that photography in the tunnels is "hinkey" at best, but can anyone get and post pics of the mosaics? I'm dying to see some of them and I have no clue as to when I might get back up that way to see them.
Cosmo
I have some pictures from South Station here:
http://narrow.parovoz.com/us/mbta_curios/

by sery2831

Here is a link to my pics of the one at South station. I will try to get pics of the others at some point.

http://sery2831.smugmug.com/gallery/1064138