• Destroyed Green Line car

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MikeB

This morning on Rt. 16 in Medford, I saw a portion of a destroyed green like car on the back of a flat bed truck. What gives?

by Robert Paniagua

Probably 3648, 3672, 3666 or another unit that may have been wrecked in the past. I don't think it was another recently wrecked T7.

by jwhite07

3672 was scrapped quite a few years ago, and I believe 3648 is still taking up space inside Watertown Carhouse where it has been for years. 3666 is a possibility, as is 3638.

by sery2831

3638 and 3666 are both listed scrapped now on netransit. So it was probally one of those two cars.

by aline1969

I heard that the green car inside watertown is finally free to be scrapped. It was being kept for legal reasons, case is over now. Peak through the door at watertown and if no car, than that was the one.
  by kwf

MikeB wrote:This morning on Rt. 16 in Medford, I saw a portion of a destroyed green like car on the back of a flat bed truck. What gives?
I was driving Sb on 128 near Riverside at about 1pm on 12/12, and I saw a flatbed heading Nb...the half a car looked burned out, but I am not sure...

by CSX Conductor

After turning off Rte.16 in Medford and passing Wellington to loop onto Capen street while stopped at the red light I saw a tow truck passing over-head with a 1/2 of a Boeing LRV heading eastbound, towards Chelsea. I was lucky enough to get the number......it was the 3477 ("B" end). :wink:

Perhaps they are being sent to one of the many scrap metal recycling places in Chelsea??

by sjd0356

3477 was one of the 12 Boeing LRVs that the T sold for scrap this month

by aline1969

3477 was the Boeing used in the May 8,2004 fan trip "farewell to the el"

by sery2831

Yesterday I passed a flat bed truck with four sets of trucks heading north on 128 through Woburn. I was going south, they looked to be stripped boeing trucks. Anyone figure out who is scrapping these cars?