• Metro letters/Don Wallace

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by aline1969

Who agrees with me that Don Wallace is a T whiner? He whines today that there is no T cops riding, well the front page of the same paper he whines in the T police rode the 23,22,28 and I see them all the time at Forest Hills...he only says Park & Gov't...he is so wrong... I'm tired of his letters getting into the Metro... my letters are pro-transit such as Arborway and Watertown A or only one line to Lechmere don't get published...Metro is anti pro transit and only listens to losers like Wallace!!!!

by Robert Paniagua

Yeah, I saw his letter and I disagree with him as well. I've also seen T Police ride on the Orange Line (especially the Forest Hills end), so he must be going on the T at the wrong times, that's all....

by FatNoah

I rarely see police on the Red Line when I ride, but the Alewife - Park St. segment rarely seems to have crime problems, at least when compared to other parts of the system.

by NealG

I have never seen them anywhere outside of Downtown/Back Bay after 6 PM. I ride the Orange Line in the evening quite frequently and there seems to be no police presence at all in the evening. The platform at Roxbury Crossing seems to be a hangout for groups of young people (in fairness to them, they usually do not seem to be up to no good) and I have seen kids vandalize in front of everyone else on the train (I called the MBTA Police once and they said that they would hold the train at the next stop). On the other hand, I have seen them ride the trains and walk beats in the stations in the mornings and afternoons. I am no advocate of a police state, but it would be nice to have some police presence in the evenings.

by Ron Newman

I ride the Red Line frequently. I almost never see MBTA police, nor do I think they are needed.

by aline1969

They are at Forest in the am due to all the crazy wild teenagers...they all get in the way...pain in the necks they are.

But this forum is also to fight back at clueless Wallace, love to meet him and put him in his place...LOL.

by Robert Paniagua

But this forum is also to fight back at clueless Wallace, love to meet him and put him in his place...LOL.

Well, not really, we don't want to flame that guy if he even ever participates, it's that he needs to understand that they are not there 100% of the time, and they are in their cruisers.

But I agree with you, they need to be patrolling trains like NYCTA, WMATA, BART and the Toronto Transit Commission, they all have patrol officers riding trains, but not here. They are also at Quincy Adams and Braintree Stations as well to enforce the 1.25 exit fare so that kids or anyone doesn't try to jump over turnstyles.