• TRACK PANS/TROUGHS on M.L.s of NYCRR, and MCRR

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by lbagg91833

Fascinating responses from the OLD SITE...tho I've never heard from the MCRR guys re 'PANS' on that M.L....Given that the NYC&HRRR had them installed in 1899...How bout the MCRR input???? LARRY B

by NYC_Dave

There is some track pan information on the Internet Railroad History Museum of Michigan: http://michiganrailroads.com/RRHX/Pictu ... to018B.htm They list: Four Mile Lake (Chelsea), Marshall, Lawton and Avery (between Galien and Three Oaks).

by MC8000

Some track pan locations on the MC in Ontario (Canada Southern)
1.Tillbury--Kent County

2.West Lorne--Elgin County

3.Tillsonburg--Oxford County

4.Waterford-- Norfolk County

5.Forks Creek--Wellend County

I'll post more on the MC lines in Michigan later.

Charlie

by MC8000

Track pan locations located on the MC RR Air Line Division between Jackson and Niles. This route was primarily used as a freight bypass for the main MC main line between Niles yard and Jackson Yard. It was downgraded by the MC in the late 1930s and reduced to a branch line. In the late 1950s, it was rebuilt between Jackson and Three Rivers as a bypass to Niles Yard, which was then closed. The MC main line between Kalamazoo and Porter was downgraded to single track operation with local freight service. I should mention that the Air Line was not related to the Lake Shore Air Line which replaced the origional LS&MS through Southern Michigan as the LS&MS main line. The Air line was built as part of the Michigan Air Line Rialroad, origionally envisioned as a competitor to the NYCL.
Track pans located on the pre 1938 Air line were.

Clarenden MP 27.67

Wasepi MP 61.49 Wasepi also had a coaling dock.

Vandalia 85.63
Trackage through Vandalia was abandoned after the first downgrade of the Air Line, and did not survive the 1940s.

by lbagg91833

Wasn't there a PAN on the MC between GARY and EAST GARY??? If not, my 1936 M.L. diagram is incorrect....???? LARRY BAGGERLY..CANADA SOU locations match mine...Thnx to previous poster....