• Kendall updated?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by mattster

Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but did Kendall recently get yellow bumpy platform edging? I seem to remember it being something else not too long ago.

by F-line to Dudley via Park

They installed it on the outbound side about 2 weeks ago...and I think they've done the inbound side now too. There used to be a narrower, non-bumpy yellow strip there that looked like normal floor titles. Got kind of faded and grimy after 20-odd years, so it was probably time to get it up to full safety specs.

Now, if they could only fix the horrible ongoing water damage to the walls there. That station is going to crumble to dust well before its next renovation if they can't fix that.
  by bn2189

I happened to use Kendall station the evening they were installing the new "yellow bumpy stuff"--it was Friday, September 23. Dust was flying everywhere; I was surprised they were allowed to do this while the station was open.

Maltby Turn out.